Gordon River Cruises Strahan Tasmania | World Heritage Cruises
We take pride in offering one of the best Strahan cruise over the Gordon river. We offer a value-for-money cruise, designed to provide full enjoyment of your World Heritage Tasmania Experience.
Heritage Morning Cruise – Includes buffet lunchDeparts: Strahan Wharf 9am, returns approx 3pm (daily) View ticket prices
Heritage Afternoon Cruise - Includes buffet dinner
Departs: Strahan Wharf 3:15pm, returns approx 8.30pm View ticket prices
World Heritage Cruises are the best way to cruise Tasmania
World Heritage Cruises Gordon River highlights:
- See some of Australia’s oldest convict ruins on Sarah Island, a settlement which pre-dates Port Arthur by decades. Created to put the 'fear of God' into the convicts of Van Diemen’s Land, this tiny outpost of 18th Century British penal history hides a fascinating tale of human triumph over adversity, brought vividly to life by expert guides;
- Hear the intriguing story of Macquarie Harbour and its settlement;
- Passage through Hells Gates the narrow entrance to Macquarie Harbour named by the convicts on their way to Sarah Island;
- See high-tech aquaculture where hundreds of thousands of Tasmania’s famous Atlantic Salmon and Ocean Trout are farmed;
- Cruise past the majesty of the rugged mountain ranges in Tasmania’s World Heritage-listed South West Wilderness National Park;
- Spend two hours in the serenity of the imposing Gordon River, complete with a stroll into the rainforest, which reclaimed the land after the last Great Ice Age.
- Listen to our narrative, which brings the river and its rich history to life complete what is an unforgettable experience.
- Enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch freshly prepared on board - includes smoked salmon, cold meats, a selection of salads, fresh fruit, Tasmanian cheeses and local bakery bread.
World Heritage Cruises truly offers the ultimate wilderness cruise experience.